Status: Full Time/Exempt
Location: Washington, DC/Flexible
Reports to: Co-Executive Director
ABOUT CENTER FOR EVALUATION INNOVATION
The Center for Evaluation Innovation partners with philanthropy on strategy, learning, and evaluation efforts that are intended to advance racial equity and justice. We lead evaluation projects, consult with foundations on strategy and learning, and support field building through convening, organizing, and research. We seek to build a field that models the society we hope to create. Founded in 2009 and based in Washington, D.C., CEI is a woman and woman of color co-led nonprofit.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Center for Evaluation Innovation is seeking motivated candidates to apply to join our team as a full-time Associate. The Associate position is a generalist role that includes work across field-facing projects and supporting organizational needs.
- Partner with project directors to develop overall project plans and manage workflow
- Develop meeting agendas and record meeting highlights and action items
- Work closely with operations manager to steward grant and project resources
- Assist project directors in data collection, analysis, and presentation
- Draft narrative reports for foundation donors
- Prepare presentations for convenings and consulting projects
- Manage technology and logistics for in-person and virtual convenings, events, and project meetings
- Partner with senior staff in facilitating convenings and events
- Support strategic communications by drafting social media posts, newsletter, and report content
- Develop positive working relationships with partner organizations as we make progress on shared priorities
- Commitment to CEI’s mission
- Strong racial justice lens, with an understanding of historic and systemic oppression; working understanding of how social change happens
- Proven task, time, and organizational management skills, and proficient at meeting deadlines.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and organizational skills.
- Experience and interest in evaluation and/or applied research, analysis, and presentation.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently and support multiple projects, while being a committed team player.
- A strong sense of teamwork, humor, flexibility, curiosity, and willingness to learn from mistakes.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of experience in nonprofit management, consulting, or philanthropy
- Facility with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Facility with learning new organizational applications and tools
Location is flexible or Washington, DC, and some domestic travel will be required (10%) when the COVID-19 pandemic subsides.
The Associate is a full-time, exempt position, eligible for a complete benefits package. The annual salary for this position is $70,000-$80,000. The benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; vacation and sick leave; and a retirement plan. All employees receive paid time off annually from Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day.
The Center for Evaluation Innovation requires all staff and visitors accessing our office to be fully vaccinated against against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. Individuals are considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after the second dose in a two-shot series like Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.